We receive frequent feedback from businesses about the challenges of motivating time-starved employees to unite in their care about greener business activities. When it's not part of business KPI's, how can you we push recycling and sustainability up the pecking order? The solution could lie in forming a Green Team.
Green Teams are no longer exclusive to their birth place of the public sector. With teams popping up across various organisations, complete with actionable strategies to empower employees and reduce a business’s environmental impact; they’re starting to become common place in modern business.
Don't take our word for it. Our top recyclers of 2017 all adopted green teams and found that they helped motivate staff, improved recycling rates and saved them both resources and money.
We have set up a ‘Green Team’ to monitor and inspire the wider team, organising visits from First Mile and ensuring our recycling service is as practical as possible
Once formed, green team's can take responsibility for waste management, saving energy, reducing emissions and much more.
Starting your Green Team
- Start by reaching out to your more environmentally passionate employees and empower them to become your office eco warriors. They'll take on the responsibility to get others engaged.
- The Eco Warriors grow the team to a suitable size for your business, including staff from multiple departments (especially facilities management or finance if you have those).
- Download our Green Team workbook to get started
- Use the workbook to set your teams SMART goals using this downloadable template
- Set up monthly meetings with the Green team to monitor progress
- Achieve a Gold standard recycling certificate with First Mile!
For more tips on how to engage staff and increase your recycling rates, have a look at what our top recyclers have to say.